Apply now for our Chartered Institute of Waste Management WasteSmart Foundation/Advanced Courses.
These will be held in Newark from 9.30am – 4.00pm and include workbook, exam and CIWM certificate for successful delegates.
- October 11th 2017 Foundation and 12th Advanced
- January 10th 2018 Foundation and 11th Advanced
- April 10th 2018 Foundation and 11th Advanced
- July 10th 2018 Foundation and 11th Advanced
- October 11th 2018 Foundation and 12th Advanced
Foundation is designed for hands-on people such as Waste Champions who make frontline, minute-by-minute decisions that affect cost, wastage or compliance.
The Foundation course is taken as a classroom-based course and covers the following modules:
- Waste as a resource
- The Environmental impact of waste
- The costs of managing waste
- Understanding and applying the waste hierarchy
- Legislation and ensuring compliance
The Advanced Course is aimed at strategic waste management, those who set overall environmental objectives and targets such as 100% landfill diversion and adds to the above modules:
- Identifying Opportunities for Waste Reduction in the Workplace
- Managing Resources and Wastes in the Workplace
- How to Demonstrate Improvements