What makes us different
Our determination and our Vision is to be the Number 1 Waste Management Broker in the UK. We will deliver this through setting ourselves apart from our competitors and being the waste management company of choice.
Our people are the key to our success, you drive our success by making a difference, innovating and putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
You might say we are a different type of corporate and we are looking for a different type of team member.
What we expect you to do
The SHEQ Manager is responsible for ensuring that the business operates safely and sustainably. This is achieved through the maintenance and development of UKWSL’s quality, environmental and safety management systems which are certified by ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 respectively.
The role would involve development of existing systems to assist UKWSL in its strategic plan to be the number one waste management broker in the UK.
The SHEQ Manager will be required to work closely internally across a number of departments. You will also have regular contact with Customers providing legislative updates and advice and Contractors conducting audits, therefore you will need to be able to travel and the role with require occasional overnight stays.
SHEQ Manager will:
- Act as management representative for the quality, safety and environmental management systems including system maintenance, development, reporting and continuous improvement
- Have a strong emphasis of environmental understanding of procedures and processes
- Organise and carry out the internal management system audits.
- Liaise with the external auditors for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Assist with training and identification of training needs for staff
- Be responsible for document control
- Ensure all company insurances and waste carriers licences are up to date
- Carry out contractor reviews, approvals and performance monitoring including site audits.
- Monitor and advise on changes to legislation; especially that related to waste management and associated best practice.
- Ensure membership to certification schemes such as Safe Contractor, Achilles UVDB, RISQS, ContractorPlus and Waste Carrier Licence
- Prepare working documents such as risk assessments and method statements
- Assist with preparation of tenders in aspects of quality, safety and environmental management.
- Attend management meetings and prepare associated reports.
- Assist with project work in quality, safety, environmental and related areas e.g.
- Site clearances
- Customer presentations
You will have
- A full UK driving licence
- Experience within the waste industry
- Qualifications in auditing and experience conducting audits
- Developed and used systems to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Knowledge of safety and environmental legislation and its application in practice
- Qualifications in designing and delivering training and experience doing so
- Strong communication skills, to be able to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
- The ability to motivate yourself, to work independently or an effective team member
- The ability to be listened to, you will be assertive and assured, which will ensure that any remedial action is implemented and effective
The skills you will need are
Highly effective communication skills – you must listen well, ask good questions, build superb relationships, write clearly and talk with confidence.
Efficient organisation – you will need to work quickly and accurately with a strong eye for detail, so that your customers always get a good high quality service.
Efficient time management – to be able to manage your own workload through effective time management Confident and capable.
IT skills – You will be using Microsoft Office and Accounting Packages, you need to have a good level of competence, being able to operate with confidence and without supervision. You must be able to present information quickly and clearly having the ability to use all the basic functions well.
Great Customer Care – To be creative, focused and close to your customers driving excellence through customer care.
Make Change – The ability to be analytical and to deliver change through your analysis.
Understanding the business – be able to learn, interpret and understand the business, the industry and the changing needs
You may also have:
- Experience working in the waste industry
- Experience working with third parties
You will be
- A passionate and enthusiastic member of the team. Your positive, can do attitude will deliver excellence throughout the business.
- Your commitment to, and confidence in, delivering customer focused solutions will be instrumental in UKWSL being the Number 1 Waste Management Broker.
We will give you
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business through a tailored performance development programme
- A competitive salary
- An annual company performance related bonus
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A great place to work
You will report to the Managing Director
You will be based in Newark, Nottinghamshire at our Head Office location
If you think you hold to attributes suitable to work for UKWSL then please apply online with your covering letter and your CV to email@example.com or press the apply button.
Closing Date; TBC