Broker benefits – Buy more, spend less…
UK Waste Solutions (UKWSL) work with our clients to effectively deliver environmentally friendly, creative and sustainable waste solutions. Our highly accredited processes, experienced people and industry knowledge have helped us to become a leading waste broker with a track record of exceeding our clients’ cost, carbon and waste targets. With no direct fleet or facilities, our focus and loyalty is set entirely on achieving our client’s objectives in the manner that aligns with their vision and values.
To deliver a service that always meets or exceeds our clients’ objectives, we closely manage each aspect of our role, as a waste broker, covering:
- SHEQ (Internal and Supplier Compliance and Accreditation)
- Supply Chain (Management and Auditing of Suppliers)
- Mobilisation (Managing the Implementation of Services)
- Customer Services (Managing the Day-to-Day Logistics)
- Account Management (Managing the contracts objectives)
- Finance (Managing the payment of suppliers and client invoicing)
Our approach delivers year on year savings by implementing a cycle of continuous improvement. Each step of our service chain focuses on optimisation. Explained briefly, our approach follows this structure.
- Selection Control – This step is led by SHEQ Director who is assisted by SHEQ Administration and the Supply Chain Team. The team manage contractor on-boarding and are responsible for maintaining compliance across our high-quality partner network and all serving facilities. This involves reviewing all Supplier Accreditation Questionnaires and auditing contractors against service performance and SHE standards. SHEQ Administration then input the successful contractors into our Supplier Portal and routinely monitor and update compliance information. The Supply Chain Team are responsible for carrying out field based management and ensuring contractor satisfaction. This involves visiting contractor’s sites to monitor health, safety, environment and quality standards, and acting as a single point of contact for any queries or issues.
- Mobilisation – This step is managed by our Operations Director and fulfilled by the Mobilisation and Account Management teams. Collectively, this team organise the mobilisation of new contracts, ensuring a smooth and easy transition for our clients by considering implementing risk mitigation procedures. Our Mobilisations team manage the day-to-day running of mobilisation procedures and routinely monitor our online reporting systems to ensure timely service delivery and reactive problem resolution.
- Service Management – The day-to-day monitoring of service delivery is led by Account Management and the Customer Services Team. The account Management team are responsible for managing contract success and continually engaging with clients. They will visit sites for monthly review meetings, allowing your team and ours to discuss solutions and queries face-to-face. These meetings will stimulate further improvements and mean that your service satisfaction is at the fore-front of our approach.
- Optimisation, Waste Hierarchy and Engagement – This step is managed by the Account Management who will, in turn, relay relevant information to the Supply Chain Team. Account managers continually monitor and analyse our clients contract’s waste statistics to find opportunities to optimise service delivery with innovative solutions. All solutions will be presented to you at the monthly meetings, with data on expected outcomes and risk mitigation procedures explained in full. The Supply Chain Team will also be briefed on new solutions so that they can hand pick contractors who are more suitable to deliver these new processes. In this way, we will revise the previous steps and continuously improve our supply chain and industry knowledge.